Ok here goes,

Im brand new on here and to Revit, been an Acad user for ages and even dabbled in inventor but Revit is all new to me. Im an electrical engineer by trade working for a small consultancy (UK). We have as many of you will have a standard M&E drawing system with styles/fonts ect and I'm finding little nuances with Revit which I hope to iron out otherwise it will be a hard package for me to sell to the firm.

A couple of such issues are as follows: (I may answer my own questions here)

Circuiting- Revit generates a circuit based on the devices/luminaires you highlight, this circuit can then be linked with wires either automatically or manually. I've noticed that a typical lighting circuit will populate the luminaires with wiring automatically if tabbed when highlighted and if a switch is added this would link to the first light, but if I had say 12 lights in a room and I want to switch these as 3 banks of 4 I would typically show the switch lines from each bank of lights either as a leader pointing to the switch or a spline returning back to the switch and then each bank of lights would have wiring looped between them (shown bold). I may show that all of these lights are on a common circuit by linking them with a dashed or broken line (shown faint). this allows the installer to see that the room is all one circuit and also the switching arrangement. Revit however seems to show solid wiring around everything on the circuit but not defined switching lines. Is this scenario achievable with the automatic wiring generator or will I have to do this manually?

Lighting Controls- It is common place to use LCM's on most lighting circuits on commercial installations but there does not seem to be a family available for an LCM..ive even spoken to Flex Connectors and others and they have no revit involvement as yet. I guess i could make one? However, I will come up against the same problems as above regards detailing the wiring out from the LCM to the luminaire and switching devices. Maybe I should only link the LCM's together as a circuit and just connect the luminaires and other devices back to these with the wiring tool (again done manually?) It just seems to be rather allot of adding wiring in manually (as I would in Acad but with slightly less control or uniformity) and I really like the idea of the automatic wiring generator.

Cables -I've not found the UK standard wiring systems in the libraries or within the MEP settings folder only US versions? Do these exist if so where?

Circuit Chart-It seems that Revit generates a circuit chart which is great but this views as circuit 1,2,3...with the phase detailed along side and not the UK standard which is 1L1,1L2,1L3 and so on. Is there an option to tailor this to show in this format or even a tick box to change to UK standard?

I'll wrap this up now as I'm sure I'm only repeating what many others have asked in the past and I'm not expecting Revit to have all the answers or to mirror exactly what can be done in Acad but it seems to be a great program if operated correctly so I thought I'd ask?

All help much appreciated

Cheers

Neil