Thread: Project file

AUGI Addict
    (getpoint "Anywhere on the Enter Key =>")
    Login to Give a bone

Default Project file

I start to using vault (2014 pro).
    We have a master project file looking after the entire vault. When we start a new project do we need to create a new project file for it? If it is the case, how to setup the ipj file?
    Thanks for your help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Project file

I would say no. Your CAD Admin can set up different states and catergories within Vault, to allow everyone or a select few to see these files. As the design progresses, then the parts could be moved into a different state in Vault to allow more visibility within your group. You can also create all the subfolders that you want to, and move files between the folders as needed, but it all happens within the same master project.

You could set up different project folders for each project, but from my limited experience, this can be difficult to keep the models/drawings linked within Vault. I hope this helps you. Good luck.

AUGI Addict
    (getpoint "Anywhere on the Enter Key =>")
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jlucas View Post
    I would say no. Your CAD Admin can set up different states and catergories within Vault, to allow everyone or a select few to see these files. As the design progresses, then the parts could be moved into a different state in Vault to allow more visibility within your group. You can also create all the subfolders that you want to, and move files between the folders as needed, but it all happens within the same master project.

You could set up different project folders for each project, but from my limited experience, this can be difficult to keep the models/drawings linked within Vault. I hope this helps you. Good luck.
    Thanks.
    Our cad reseller setup the master project file called "VaultMaster.ipj" for us when installing the vault.
    From my experience of working without Vault, we usually have separate folders for each project associated with a project file.
    I am wondering if there is any benefit to taking care of the project drawings in Vault in the same manner.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BeKirra View Post
    Thanks.
    Our cad reseller setup the master project file called "VaultMaster.ipj" for us when installing the vault.
    From my experience of working without Vault, we usually have separate folders for each project associated with a project file.
    I am wondering if there is any benefit to taking care of the project drawings in Vault in the same manner.
    No I don't believe so. Ultimately, it would depend on what your reseller and your CAD admin deem is necessary for your company's situation. Good luck.

Login to Give a bone

If you are using Vault, you should not have to set up project files very often if at all. The old way of doing things was to have a project file for every project, thus the name. Now one project file that covers to gambit of work is the way to go. Everyone using the Vault should be using the same project file, this will eliminate issues with finding file references.