Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lookup tables

Login to Give a bone

Default lookup tables

I'm a Revit Arch user, but needing to use the MEP portion of this. When I make a little pipe run, the connections are undersized. I've found that this relates to lookup tables. I found that I was supposed to edit the family and click, under Lookup Tables, the "Manage" button and choose one. But I don't know which one to choose, also each file that I choose, faced with this message: "Invalid formula found in the "Fitting Outside Diameter 1" parameter in the "Standard" type.
    You will need to import the correct table or edit the formula in order to continue." I've opened one file to edit but Idon't know how.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: lookup tables

This may be a lookup table file location problem. Open up your revit.ini file and check the line for "Lookup Table Location". It defaults to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\Lookup Tables, but if your revit.ini file is looking somewhere else, you'll get the pipe fitting problem.

Login to Give a bone

Hi
    Thanks for respond
    I checked the revit.ini file and the file location is correct, I have no idea what's wrong with it.

Login to Give a bone

The lookup table must have the same name and be in the same location as the family but with a .csv extenxtion. I had the same problem until I changed the name.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CADFX57 View Post
    The lookup table must have the same name and be in the same location as the family but with a .csv extenxtion. I had the same problem until I changed the name.
    That's true for type catalog .txt files but not lookup tables. Lookup tables can be in any location as long as the revit.ini file matches that location.

Login to Give a bone

hi,
    you mean the pipe fitting and the .csv file must have the same name?
    it doesn't work too, I attached the " Tee " family types schedule please check it to figure out is there any thing wrong1.jpg

Login to Give a bone

AaronC is correct - lookup tables are defined in the parameter inside the family called "Lookup Table Name". Type catalogs on the other hand, need to match the family name exactly.

I am having the same issue with an upgrade to 2014, and sent in a support request to Autodesk. THe OOTB content will work, because of the new embedded lookup table feature (if the fitting loses the lookup table, doesn't matter) But, that's of little benefit for pre-2014 content, which is everything...

I checked my profile, and UserDataCache revit.ini, both point to the correct location with the table. But, still, doesnt work.

Anyone else have any luck yet?

Login to Give a bone

from the type dialogue, it seems correct. I guess there is something wrong in the lookup Tables which can get by clicking the Manage. If possible, please upload the family, I could have further check,

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by olson_eric View Post
    AaronC is correct - lookup tables are defined in the parameter inside the family called "Lookup Table Name". Type catalogs on the other hand, need to match the family name exactly.

I am having the same issue with an upgrade to 2014, and sent in a support request to Autodesk. THe OOTB content will work, because of the new embedded lookup table feature (if the fitting loses the lookup table, doesn't matter) But, that's of little benefit for pre-2014 content, which is everything...

I checked my profile, and UserDataCache revit.ini, both point to the correct location with the table. But, still, doesnt work.

Anyone else have any luck yet?
    please upload your family too.

Login to Give a bone

So, we ran across something similar that lead me over to this thread doing research for my engineers. We checked all the same settings as mentioned/advised in this thread. Yet, Revit was acting like it couldn't find the Lookup Tables, throwing several errors. It turned out that the legacy Type Names from our previous templates no longer align to the Type Names in the Lookup Tables themselves... pesky little gotcha. We're looking deeper to see if there is something to this that we did ourselves, or if it is a legacy previous OOTB problem, or whatever, but thought I would share our "ah-hah!" moment of the day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast