Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lookup tables

0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

Default Re: lookup tables

From the above image, you are running Revit 2014.
    Autodesk Revamped the Lookup table methodology to remove the hard-path Lookup table references. Lookup Tables are now embedded within the RFA.

As mentioned above you can click manage to ensure that the lookup table is referenced in the family correctly.
    There is a parameter "Lookup Table Name" that will need to contain the filename of the referenced lookup table without the ".CSV" extension.

All formulas for the lookup table are now managed using the size_lookup() function.

here is a youtube reference for the new functionality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw7gcPAryaI

0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

Default Re: lookup tables

Quote Originally Posted by chodosh View Post
    So, we ran across something similar that lead me over to this thread doing research for my engineers. We checked all the same settings as mentioned/advised in this thread. Yet, Revit was acting like it couldn't find the Lookup Tables, throwing several errors. It turned out that the legacy Type Names from our previous templates no longer align to the Type Names in the Lookup Tables themselves... pesky little gotcha. We're looking deeper to see if there is something to this that we did ourselves, or if it is a legacy previous OOTB problem, or whatever, but thought I would share our "ah-hah!" moment of the day.
    chodosh: Lookup tables do not normally contain TYPE data. they are only values that apply to the formulas in the family parameters. What most likely has happened is that your legacy types do not have the "Lookup Table Name" parameter filled in and is missing the table reference. This has occured at my firm as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12