Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lookup tables

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: lookup tables

From the above image, you are running Revit 2014.
    Autodesk Revamped the Lookup table methodology to remove the hard-path Lookup table references. Lookup Tables are now embedded within the RFA.

As mentioned above you can click manage to ensure that the lookup table is referenced in the family correctly.
    There is a parameter "Lookup Table Name" that will need to contain the filename of the referenced lookup table without the ".CSV" extension.

All formulas for the lookup table are now managed using the size_lookup() function.

here is a youtube reference for the new functionality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw7gcPAryaI

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by chodosh View Post
    So, we ran across something similar that lead me over to this thread doing research for my engineers. We checked all the same settings as mentioned/advised in this thread. Yet, Revit was acting like it couldn't find the Lookup Tables, throwing several errors. It turned out that the legacy Type Names from our previous templates no longer align to the Type Names in the Lookup Tables themselves... pesky little gotcha. We're looking deeper to see if there is something to this that we did ourselves, or if it is a legacy previous OOTB problem, or whatever, but thought I would share our "ah-hah!" moment of the day.
    chodosh: Lookup tables do not normally contain TYPE data. they are only values that apply to the formulas in the family parameters. What most likely has happened is that your legacy types do not have the "Lookup Table Name" parameter filled in and is missing the table reference. This has occured at my firm as well.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by olson_eric View Post
    AaronC is correct - lookup tables are defined in the parameter inside the family called "Lookup Table Name". Type catalogs on the other hand, need to match the family name exactly.

I am having the same issue with an upgrade to 2014, and sent in a support request to Autodesk. THe OOTB content will work, because of the new embedded lookup table feature (if the fitting loses the lookup table, doesn't matter) But, that's of little benefit for pre-2014 content, which is everything...

I checked my profile, and UserDataCache revit.ini, both point to the correct location with the table. But, still, doesnt work.

Anyone else have any luck yet?
    I'm using 2014 as well and have encountered this occasionally. What I noticed is that if you change the lookup table (deleting the existing and inserting a new one), if you don't make sure the data row "Lookup Table Name" matches the name of the .csv file it will give you the "invalid formula not found" error.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12