Thread: Some of my framing is only showing up in Medium or Fine detail levels?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Some of my framing is only showing up in Medium or Fine detail levels?

Hi all, I'm new here. I've been working with Revit Structure for a little over a year and I've run into an issue that no one at my firm seems to be able to help me with. I'm working on a framing plan with many beams at various elevations. I thought the view range was set correctly to see all of them, but about 1/4 of my framing wasn't showing. I played with the display options for a bit and discovered that when the detail level is set to Medium or Fine, the missing beams are visible. However, when I switch the view back to Coarse (as I want to see the symbolic lines for the framing), the beams disappear again. Anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with this? Thanks in advance...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Some of my framing is only showing up in Medium or Fine detail levels?

What are your view range settings and whats the deepest member size.
    In order for you to see framing in a coarse view, you need to make sure that the bottom of the cut plan is below the bottom of the lowest bottom flange.
    It will also make a difference on how you've set up your framing. Are you using the start and end level off set or are you using the z-direction offset?
    Is your view set to coordination or Architectural? I know that sounds like the "Is it plugged in" question, but hey, I'm thinking out loud here.
    Just some thoughts.