Thread: PM facilities hierarchy

Login to Give a bone

Default PM facilities hierarchy

Trying to find information or example of creating PM (Preventive Maintenance) Hierarchy on to a spreadsheet. My main goal will be to establish working model of PM system with ASME standards and guidelines. But need a good example to see a path.
    All help is always welcome.

Thank you

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: PM facilities hierarchy

Quote Originally Posted by windseaker1 View Post
    Trying to find information or example of creating PM (Preventive Maintenance) Hierarchy on to a spreadsheet. My main goal will be to establish working model of PM system with ASME standards and guidelines. But need a good example to see a path.
    All help is always welcome.

Thank you
    Sorry you've gotten a lot of views but no replies. There isn't a lot of chatter in the FM area, and even that is split up between engineering, project management and cmms folks.

I'm not entirely certain what you're wanting to lay out here.
    Are you talking step by step check offs for work plans, or an overall database structure?

Are you currently using a CMMS or looking to move to one soon?
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Its the Hierarchy that is my first step, and this hierarchy would show a break-down of what equipment is maintained. Like Equipment: HVAC System/air intake/circulation fan/ exhaust fan/fan coil/ and then Pumps: Boiler/condensate/feed water/sump/transfer. This hierarchy will have a complete list to enter into the CMMS program to start the process. Once this is done then you would just intersect with your other list of facilities to complete your basic function arrangement of the CMMS to produce PM, scheduling, ect.
    Can you see this?
    Is your system similar?

Login to Give a bone

Its the Hierarchy that is my first step, and this hierarchy would show a break-down of what equipment is maintained. Like Equipment: HVAC System/air intake/circulation fan/ exhaust fan/fan coil/ and then Pumps: Boiler/condensate/feed water/sump/transfer. This hierarchy will have a complete list to enter into the CMMS program to start the process. Once this is done then you would just intersect with your other list of facilities to complete your basic function arrangement of the CMMS to produce PM, scheduling, ect.
    Can you see this?
    Is your system similar?
    I've only recently become involved with our CMMS and we're just starting an upgrade, so the data structure is a wee bit fluid at the moment.

One thing that I do know from dictating our BIM standard is that our equipment heirarchy starts with life-safety classification (I work in a hospital). I think that means that, even if we have similar pieces of equipment, they'll show up in different parts of the database, based upon the type of patient population they serve. It has to do with ILSM (interim life-safety measures) that have to be taken and documented during PM's and WO's.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor

Login to Give a bone

I had speculated this problem with equipment and the PM system, it must be tailored to the facility's requirements and needs. A Hospital equipment hierarchy would be different for a Co Gen plant or a university facility and there should be a standard for each or basic standard for all. To many standards to choose form, see the problem?

Login to Give a bone

I had speculated this problem with equipment and the PM system, it must be tailored to the facility's requirements and needs. A Hospital equipment hierarchy would be different for a Co Gen plant or a university facility and there should be a standard for each or basic standard for all. To many standards to choose form, see the problem?
    Oh, yeah... it's the story with any standard.

ScreenShot147.jpg
    ScreenShot148.jpg
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Technical Editor