I am running windows 8 and have recently installed C3D 2014. When I attempt to open a file using the "Open File" dialog box, the "Look In" drop down does not work. I have to either browse from the icons on the side of the dialog box or double click the dwg file to open it. Sometimes after attempting to use the drop down, it works but many times will freeze up without opening the dwg file. I have even had the lock up occur after invoking the "Save-As" command. The odd thing about the lock up is that if it happens when a dwg is open, I can zoom in and out and move about the dwg, but cannot invoke any other commands. The current command just stays in the command line. I have to use the task manager to close the dwg.

I know someone else must have experienced this problem or something very similar. I have went so far as to try an Autodesk directed clean uninstall of the product prior to reinstallation with the same problem.

One other problem I am having is that the command line will not stay where I put it. Every time I reopen the program, all my other windows are exactly where I keep them, but the command line always goes back to the default location.

Any help will be gratly appreciated.