See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: online course on autocad architecture... what do you recommend

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default online course on autocad architecture... what do you recommend

Hi,
    I have a MA degree in architecture and have not worked as an architect for 13 years (since my kids were born). Now, I can go back to work and I need to get on speed with AutoCad Architecture 2013. I can't attend a school to do any course as where I live there is none close by. I need to do it via online. Could you recommend any online courses. And would you recommend that I get a Associate degree on Cad? Or should I just get a certificate? Also I do want to sit for the Autodesk certification exam. This is an educator's forum and I feel you can direct me in the right way. Thank you in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: online course on autocad architecture... what do you recommend

Quote Originally Posted by florwilki View Post
    Hi,
    I have a MA degree in architecture and have not worked as an architect for 13 years (since my kids were born). Now, I can go back to work and I need to get on speed with AutoCad Architecture 2013. I can't attend a school to do any course as where I live there is none close by. I need to do it via online. Could you recommend any online courses. And would you recommend that I get a Associate degree on Cad? Or should I just get a certificate? Also I do want to sit for the Autodesk certification exam. This is an educator's forum and I feel you can direct me in the right way. Thank you in advance.
    I'd say a certificate should be more than sufficient, if even that, no need for an Associate's with your educational background.

For online courses, I haven't used any of these myself, but, here is one well-known company that's been around for a few years:
    http://www.cadlearning.com/courses/a...ing-tutorials/

I'd also encourage you to train on Revit instead of just ACA, you'll find training for that more easily these days because, according to the latest Salary Survey here on AUGI, only about 16% of Architecture firms are not using BIM, so someone familiar with Revit would have more options:
    http://www.infiniteskills.com/traini...ng-bundle.html
    https://wi114.infusionsoft.com/app/s...?productId=120
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Hi Melanie!
    Thank you so much for your advice! I will look into Revit too... it is very important as you say... I looked into the websites you sent me...thank you so much again!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by florwilki View Post
    Hi Melanie!
    Thank you so much for your advice! I will look into Revit too... it is very important as you say... I looked into the websites you sent me...thank you so much again!
    Happy to help!

Once you get a foundation under your belt, feel free to come back to the product's forum with any specific questions. And, if there are topics you want to dive deeper into, just remember that there are course handouts from the Revit Technology Conference and Autodesk University available here for free: http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay....13-Conferences (there should continue to be more uploaded as they become available from the conference organizers).
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

GREAT !!! Thank you Melanie!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Happy to help!

Once you get a foundation under your belt, feel free to come back to the product's forum with any specific questions. And, if there are topics you want to dive deeper into, just remember that there are course handouts from the Revit Technology Conference and Autodesk University available here for free: (there should continue to be more uploaded as they become available from the conference organizers).