Hello AUGI!

I'll be starting a Bachelor of Architectural Technology and Construction Management in Januar 2014. At that point i will buy a lenovo W530 from the school that has all the bells and whistles.

But i have a couple of months now and i would like to play around in the programs. Find some tutorials and stuff, so i can learn the programs interface and basics.

I'm looking for a reasonable priced ultrabook, that i'll hook up to an external monitor, that i can use for this.

I just bought a
Fujitsu UH572M 13,3" / i5-3317U / 8GB / 32GB SSD / HD4000, but i don't like the keyboad and trackpad and i can still send it back. I will say i can live it, most of the time i will use at home with a ext. monitor and keyboard, but on the go, i will miss a more quality keyboard and trackpad.

The alternative in my pricerange is an Asus vivobook S400 which has better keyboad and trackpad, but lower specs. i3-3217u, 4GB ram, 24ssd.

Will the Vivobook be enough for light tutorials and just learning to navigate the programs?

I guess if i work for 3-4 hours a day over 3 months at some point i might need a more powerfull machine, and the i3/4gb ram will not be enough?

Or maybe even the Fujitsu i5/8GB ram will not be enough?

Thank you very much for help