In Vasari I am doing a very basic energy analysis on a square building with three sides at a 40% glazing percentage and the fourth side at a 95% glazing percentage. I am running four separate analysis with the 95% glazing on the North, South, East, and West sides. The idea is to understand which window placement version results in the highest energy consumption in order to inform how the building envelope is designed.
So I have the exact same square building rotated 90 degrees three times to come up with four studies. When doing a comparison of the energy analysis reports I see that the exterior wall area and exterior window ratio differs between the different versions.
Can someone help me to understand why the exact same building would have different exterior wall areas and window ratios depending upon how the building is rotated? This difference is confusing me and without explanation I'm not confident in the the results of the rest of the analysis.
If I'm posting in the wrong forum I would appreciate direction to a better location to ask the question.
Thank you!