Thread: Using Project Information and Project Properties in annotation/text

I could stop if I wanted to pnorman's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Using Project Information and Project Properties in annotation/text

Is there a way to use project information, project properties or shared parameters in text.
    I want to display the Project Name in a drafting view (text), and I want it to be set by the model parameters.

Thanks
    Phil

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Using Project Information and Project Properties in annotation/text

Anyone have any ideas? Please...

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Ordinarily the drafting view would be on a sheet and the sheet would display the project name. What are you really trying to do?

Login to Give a bone

I am building a standard project template which includes a home screen/default view. It is a place for the tech to include any project specific information about the project or model, information that is typically for internal use, and not included in working drawings. The view would never be included on a sheet. I want to display in this view the project name etc from the Project Parameters.
    Basically I want to know if I can include any parameters in text, like fields in mtext in AutoCAD. Like a label but not with a tag?

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I know quite a few firms that use a sheet view to do what you want to do. They just create a real simple titleblock family that doesn't look like a regular sheet. The advantage is you have the access to project information you want. No extra workarounds required and you can place other related legends, views or schedules on it as well. That sheet view can then be assigned to the project's Starting View.

Revit does not let us embed parameter labels in regular text yet. The closest we have to that is the View Reference feature.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Steve, but that won't work with my browser organisation, it cant be on a sheet, must be a drafting view of some kind.