Thread: Third party arx for acadr14

Login to Give a bone

Default Third party arx for acadr14

I have a third party program for Acad14 that I have modified extensively to suit my use. Can anyone help with a solution on how to use this program in Acad2012?
    The company that I originally purchased the program from no longer exists, so I do not have access to sorce code.
    I can appload the program Ok, but the lisp functions contained in the arx file are not recognised.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Third party arx for acadr14

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotechdesign421558 View Post
    I have a third party program for Acad14 that I have modified extensively to suit my use.
    Do you mean AutoCAD 2014 or R14?

The company that I originally purchased the program from no longer exists, so I do not have access to sorce code.
    How did you modify it extensively, if you do not have the source code? Besides that, you'll need one of the two things above.

I can appload the program Ok, but the lisp functions contained in the arx file are not recognised.
    So you don't get an error when the ARX is loaded?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Sorry rkmcswain, I guess I did not explain my problem very well. I am new to this so please bear with me.
    The program I have is called EzDraft for Autocad R14 and I use it for design of building services such as plumbing, sanitary drainage, water, etc. Basically it a simple PID type program.
    The files I have modified are only the menu file, which I have modified to change the layer names, labels, references to blocks (my own) it uses, etc, to 'Australianise' it. I have also modified slide files, etc, to suit.
    I can load the program into Acad12 OK using filke support and menuload, and all seems normal. It is when I actually try a command (like insert block from a drop-down menu) that I have problems.
    Acad says the command (which I assume is a routine within the ARX file that acad calls on?) is not recognised.
    I assume that there is something in the AEX that limits the program to operate in R14 only? And if so am I stuck with it or can I fix it so can use it on later versions.
    Many thanks in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Third party arx for acadr14

I can load the program into Acad12 OK using filke support and menuload, and all seems normal.
    When you say "load the program", are you talking about loading the menu? Because an ARX file for R14 will not load in AutoCAD 2012.

It is when I actually try a command (like insert block from a drop-down menu) that I have problems.
    As expected.

Acad says the command (which I assume is a routine within the ARX file that acad calls on?) is not recognised.
    I assume that there is something in the AEX that limits the program to operate in R14 only? And if so am I stuck with it or can I fix it so can use it on later versions.
    Yes, generally speaking each major version of AutoCAD requires 3rd party ARX apps to be recompiled using tools/libraries for that version (autolisp is fairly exempt from this).

See #6 here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...73128#section6 , and see this for probably more info that you want to know on it... http://through-the-interface.typepad...ibility_o.html
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Even if the ARX could be loaded there may be licensing issues as well.

Login to Give a bone

I can load the program into Acad12 OK
    What are the signs that the program have loaded properly? Maybe it's still not ARX-program?