Thread: Electrical Panel Schedules Parameters

Login to Give a bone

Default Electrical Panel Schedules Parameters

All,

I just wanted to post a quick issue I'm having in hopes that someone else has dealt with it already. The situation here is that we are attempting to make our panel schedules appear similarly to those we have created in Excel in the past. The issue seems to be (and correct me if I am wrong), that you cannot do a calculated value of a calculated value, nor can you get the cell to grab a shared parameter that has a calculation in the family itself. To further explain, we have the load of the devices in column A, the demand factor in column B, and we need column C to be AxB. This part is fine as columns A and B will grab directly from a parameter in the device, and column C can be a calculated value of those 2 parameters multiplied against one another. The issue comes when we need column C to total up at the bottom for the full demand. It seems that I cannot created a calculated value of the column C values because these are calculated numbers, not parameters. I tried creating a shared parameter in the device families that would calculate the values of A and B within the family, but once in the project, this parameter could not be grabbed by the schedule. I do not understand why this didn't work, nor do I know what to do next. An answer to either question would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Electrical Panel Schedules Parameters

I'd have thought the stock templates would deliver what you describe but since you don't seem to be getting what you want it would help to see an example of what you are used to using. Post a screenshot or PDF so we can see what you are after.