I'm after a bit of advice from people working in the UK.

Has any body managed to use the circuiting and distribution board schedules to the UK style of writing circuit references?

I think I have managed to get the settings to be compliant (within reason) to BS7671, the last piece of the jigsaw is to get the circuit references working correctly.

So my question is, has anyone managed to get the circuit references to read as such DB1/2L1, DB1/2L2, DB1/2L3 using the inbuilt parameters or do people simply use a custom shared parameter to manually set the circuit to electrical devices?

I am aware that in the US the Circuit references are completly different, but here in the UK we tend to write them in the following manor:

BOARD REFERENCE / WAY No. / PHASE e.g. DB1/2L1

If you use your own shared parameter do you use any of the electrical functionality within revit? and do some kind of clever trick to export out to a standard DB chart? or do you do you DB charts away from the revit environment?

I have been on this quest to find out if this is possible for the past 2 years, and currently I use a shared parameter to add in the DB reference, however with the looming project I think we may need to try to utilise the inbuilt electrical functionality within revit.

I will be posting this to various forums and linkedin groups, so if I find an answer out from any of the other places I have posted this, I will post the reply in here.