Thread: Schedules: Space Parameters: People & Electrical Loads

Login to Give a bone

Default Schedules: Space Parameters: People & Electrical Loads

Hi guys,

I've been trying to figure out a better way to export gbXML and integrate with Trace 700. One thing that's really slowing me down is the selection between a rate, or a static value.

Example:

I have a schedule that shows both Load and Load Density for power. If one room has a specific load value and I try to change it in the schedule, I can't unless I select that space and change the Power values from Default to Specified, and then change the Load value.

Is there a way I can make a parameter so that I can choose to specify which value I want to use (either Load or Load Density) that can appear within my schedule? This would make life a lot easier.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Schedules: Space Parameters: People & Electrical Loads

If I'm understanding you correctly, the easiest thing to do would be to select all of the spaces in each floor plan, then change the Electrical Load setting in the Properties Palette from "Default" to either "Specified" or "Actual." We always use Actual, but I imagine that changing it to Specified would make the schedule field editable.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BenSammis View Post
    If I'm understanding you correctly, the easiest thing to do would be to select all of the spaces in each floor plan, then change the Electrical Load setting in the Properties Palette from "Default" to either "Specified" or "Actual." We always use Actual, but I imagine that changing it to Specified would make the schedule field editable.
    This works to an extent and does make it editable, but for instance if I wanted to easily switch between a load density and specified load, I would have to go to the floor plan and select the space, as opposed to just hitting a toggle in a schedule, which is what I was trying to accomplish. Was hoping to find a way to do this within schedule so I can export/import excel sheets so other engineers can easily change loads as needed.

We don't use actual as most of our equipment is all custom with no available Revit families.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Wait, you want the same column in the schedule to display either an actual load (1000VA) or a load density (15 W/Ft2) depending on the space/equipment? That can't be done. You could put both parameters in the schedule and edit the specified load to alter the density, but that's the best you can do.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BenSammis View Post
    Wait, you want the same column in the schedule to display either an actual load (1000VA) or a load density (15 W/Ft2) depending on the space/equipment? That can't be done. You could put both parameters in the schedule and edit the specified load to alter the density, but that's the best you can do.
    The issue is that I can add both parameters (Specified Load & Specified Load Density), however, I can only edit based upon what is specified in that space, which, as far as I know, is only editable by going into each space and hitting power options, and then hitting the correct radio button. I am looking for a workaround of this process.

Login to Give a bone

Hi there, I was interested in your question but am not quite sure I understand. Would it be correct to re-phrase as "is it possible to make the Specify Load Density parameter editable for many spaces at once"? I apologize if I've misunderstood. If that is the question, then you are correct that it can't be done via the schedule, as far as I can tell.

Here's a quick video that shows editing all the main floor spaces at once for Load Density. Probably not quite what you needed: http://screencast.com/t/bTglgOa6