Thread: Cable Tray Hatch Pattern

Login to Give a bone

Default Cable Tray Hatch Pattern

I have just started using revit(previously AutoCAD user), we are using the attached cable tray in AutoCAD im my office since we are going to do our projects in revit can any one please tell me how to assign colour and hatch pattern to cable tray.
    Regards
    Ali
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cable Tray Hatch Pattern

best bet is to use the default revit cable tray, and change your symbol list. you're going to run in to several things that are just going to look different

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the reply mate, the attached hatch pattern we use for communications cable tray, it is fine i can modify it for future projects but we want the new symbol to be as close possible to previous symbol.
    At least if i can assign the cross hatch pattern to it that would be good as well.
    Can you please tell me how do you assign hatch pattern to cable tray i know it is possible since we receive other consultants electrical cable tray(done in revit) attached.
    If i can get the cross hatch pattern as attached in picture with hatch patterns to be red instead of pink.
    Regards
    AliElectrical cable tray.PNG

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

i guess you could do a filled region with a cross hatch pattern selected. and just trace the outline of the cable tray. you can align/lock your region border lines to the edges of the tray, so hopefully it would change with the tray. it's autocad way of doing it, but should work if you need the hatch to show. my other thought was to modify the ladder type tray family, and model an X pattern in it instead of the cross braces so it would repeat, but i'm not sure it would turn out the way you want it to look...
    hth,
    mike

Login to Give a bone

Thanks i worked it out, the only problem is this hatch pattern would only show in medium detail level when i change it to fine it changes back to default cable tray hatch how would i be able to keep the hatch patterns in fine detail level?
    And how would you keep the hatch patterns as it is for other view such as 3D view because when you go to 3D view it changes back to default tray hatches.
    Regards
    Ali