Hi all,

i have a question regarding (blend) sweeps in Revit. I made a beam family that let's me give a arched beam based on an arc radius, the chord length and it's sagitta.

I want this family to be used in the future for all kinds of beams (mostly concrete, for bridges). Therefore I want to keep the base of the family as it is, but I want to be able to quickly use this family for other types of beams, read different cross sections. This can easily be done by loading different Metric Profiles.

The problem I run into is: can I sweep a profile over a path, keeping the profile always vertical = parallel to the left, center(left, right), right) reference planes. If I'm not able to do this, a vertical section will always yield different dimensions for the height. Hopefully my question becomes clearer with this image:

probleem_toog_sweep.jpg

probleem_toog_sweep.pdf

I know, for example for steel beams, these are made with standardized profiles, thus vertically cutting them doesn't make a difference (they are still made from the standardized profile). Yet for in-situ made bridge decks, we need the vertical heights to be the same for all vertical sections. This is how they are made / measured.

Thanks in advance!