Thread: WBLOCK drawing created in inches from original drawing in millimeters

Login to Give a bone

Default WBLOCK drawing created in inches from original drawing in millimeters

Hi All. This is my first post, so please be nice.

Our office has recently upgraded from AutoCAD Architecture 2009 to AutoCAD Architecture 2014. For the last few years I have been adding to our block library using the WBLOCK command with no problems, but now I have issues with new block dwg files being created in inches, even though I am running the command in drawings whose units are in millimetres. This problem did not present itself prior to the upgrade and all of the pre-existing block dwgs remain in millimetres as you would expect.

Please could somebody tell me why this is. From what I have read, it's nothing to do with template setup and I have tried using WBLOCK with units set to both millimetres and unitless - both achieve the same result of a block in inches.

I have scoured the internet and these forums for information on this problem and have found several instances of it being reported, from as far back as 2004, but so far no one seems to have come up with an answer. I hope you can help.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: WBLOCK drawing created in inches from original drawing in millimeters

try setting the insertion scale. go to ddunits. in the third drop down list on the left, also check in Dimension set, go to alternate units tab and check the radio button that says "Display alternate units", keep it set to decimal. that's about all I can suggest other than checking with Autodesk and seeing if they have a AutoCAD has a Metric version of Autocad

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: WBLOCK drawing created in inches from original drawing in millimeters

Hi, thanks for the response. The insertion scale is already set to millimetres. As for the dimensions, I don't think they will affect it, since they only display the measurement of a given distance - nothing to do with the drawing units themselves.