Thread: Allow you to snap to a line even if you are at a gap in the line type

Wish List Administration

Default Allow you to snap to a line even if you are at a gap in the line type

Summary: When you have a dashed line, allow you to snap anywhere on that line.

Description: If you have a dashed line, and try to snap to the line in a spot where there is a gap, it does not allow you to do it. I have had to change the line to a continuous line to be able to snap to the line.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Drawing Tools 2D

Submitted By: Irene Yarham on 10/18/2013

Default Re: Allow you to snap to a line even if you are at a gap in the line type

Quote Originally Posted by Wish List System View Post
    Summary: When you have a dashed line, allow you to snap anywhere on that line.

Description: If you have a dashed line, and try to snap to the line in a spot where there is a gap, it does not allow you to do it. I have had to change the line to a continuous line to be able to snap to the line.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Drawing Tools 2D

Submitted By: Irene Yarham on 10/18/2013
    You can snap to any snapable point on a non-continuous line - it's your selection point or method that needs changing.
    i.e. if you want the MIDpoint of a dashed line, you must pick somewhere (anywhere) on the middle half of the line. If necessary, zoom out a bit or change your pickbox size.
    Similar for NEArest and PERpendicular and, for ENDpoint, pick on the nearest quarter of the line.

Default Re: Allow you to snap to a line even if you are at a gap in the line type

Yes you can snap to the center of the line etc., but if you pick nearest and have to pick a spot where there is a break in a dashed line you can not pick that spot. A line should be a line even if it is a dashed line, and you should be able to snap to any spot along that line. The problem is that the gap is not a snapable point and sometimes zooming out isn't an option. I have worked in MicroStation and this is not an issue in that program. I think it could be improved.