Thread: Door Schedule Plotting Issue

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Door Schedule Plotting Issue

My door schedule is located on a sheet and references the master plan view file for each floor. I go to plot, do a plot preview and everything looks fine. When I plot to pdf or the office plotter, the header of the schedule shows up, but the matrix or the rest of the schedule is missing. Any ideas what could be causing it to do this? Haven't had this issue the entire time and now that the project is almost done, it acts up. Ugh!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door Schedule Plotting Issue

Just some additional info. When I attempted to create a view file for the schedules, brought them into a separate, all new sheet, none of the schedules appeared except the header of each. I was able to work around this by exploding each schedule once (turning them into blocks). Not the answer obviously, but it had to be done to get the set out.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tra1133 View Post
    My door schedule is located on a sheet and references the master plan view file for each floor. I go to plot, do a plot preview and everything looks fine. When I plot to pdf or the office plotter, the header of the schedule shows up, but the matrix or the rest of the schedule is missing. Any ideas what could be causing it to do this? Haven't had this issue the entire time and now that the project is almost done, it acts up. Ugh!
    Just some additional info. When I attempted to create a view file for the schedules, brought them into a separate, all new sheet, none of the schedules appeared except the header of each. I was able to work around this by exploding each schedule once (turning them into blocks). Not the answer obviously, but it had to be done to get the set out.
    So you are saying that your sheet file shows the Door Schedule Table properly, with a row for each Door, and it is only when you plot that only the schedule header shows, with nothing (not even an empty grid) shown below? And if you explode the schedule once, then it plots properly? That is so outside my experience with ACA that I would not even try to guess at a cause without examining the files where this occurs. I suppose you could go out of your way to make all of the non-header components non-plotting, but I cannot see how that would change by exploding the Schedule Table once.

From your terminology, I am guessing that you are working with Project Navigator, and that the entire project would be too large to post. If you are working with Project Navigator, can you start a new project and adding as little geometry as possible, reproduce the issue? If not, or if you are not using Project Navigator, perhaps you can get a set of sample files that reproduce the issue (copies of your files with all but a few sample objects removed, provided they still reproduce the problem) that could be zipped up and be small enough to post here, so that someone here can take a look and try to find out why the plotting of the body of the schedule fails.

Login to Give a bone

David, you are correct in your assumptions. I tried to create the schedule in a different project using our company's schedule and the one that's out of the box. I got the same result from both. See the attached images. They show what I see on my screen in the sheet, then through the plot preview and the final plotted version (DWG to PDF). I get the same when I print it to a physical printer. The weird part is, I just printed no more than a week ago and everything was fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

So here is a small sample project. I got the same results.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

So here is a small sample project. I got the same results.
    I had to repath the external drawing that the Schedule Table in A9.1 DOOR SCHEDULE.dwg was referencing (A-FP-01.dwg) as the file was in a different location, but once I did that, I was able to both see the full schedule in the drawing and in a PDF I made using the DWG to PDF.pc3 plotter - see attached.

I looked at your display settings, and did not see any mapping of components to non-plotting layers. The only time I have seen just the header show up is when a layer filter has been applied to a Schedule Table that is scheduling objects within external references and the layer filter excludes the layer of the external references. In those cases, the drawing file only shows the header, also. While I do not think it will make a difference, you might try changing your layer filter to
    *DOOR,0
    since the A-FP-01.dwg has the 01-Shell&Core.dwg external reference on layer 0. Otherwise, it is working fine here for me, so I have no suggestions as to why it is doing what it is doing for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files