Thread: Panel Schedules, Automatic Naming in the Circuit Description?

Login to Give a bone

Default Panel Schedules, Automatic Naming in the Circuit Description?

Whenever i circuit something to a panel board, i get "Power" as the Circuit Description, and then i have to go type in what it is exactly. Is there any way to give all of my families a parameter that will link up with the panel schedules, so I can name and tag my equipment on the floor plans, and then when i circuit that item, have that value get transferred into the panel schedule without having to retype it? This would be a huge timesaver!

Thanks in advance!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Panel Schedules, Automatic Naming in the Circuit Description?

it's getting "Power" from the connector type in the family, I think you can customize the load name from there (in each family)

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Panel Schedules, Automatic Naming in the Circuit Description?

Panel schedules look for "Load Classification" and "Room Name and/or Number" to fill out the Serves column. For example: If you want the name to automatically fill out in the panel schedule to read "LTG Office 103" the load classification in the lighting fixture family has to have a shared parameter "Load Classification" and the value in the family has to be "LTG". The "LTG" classification is defined in MEP settings. Pick load classifications and it brings up a window with a list of load classification types. You can use an existing type or make a custom one that says "LTG". What you pick here determines what word or abbreviation appears as the first word in the panel schedule. The demand factor determines the calculation method for the chosen load classification. All load classifications and there associated demand factors should be approved by the appropriate powers that be because this determines how the panel schedules calculate loads. That being said, if you have multiple load classifications on one circuit Revit will only fill out the room name and number. Also, with multiple rooms Revit drops the room names and only gives room numbers. It's a lot of work to get all your families in order but is well worth the effort. Trying to find a circuit later in a job when it is only defined as "power" is a PITA. This will not work thru linked files. If you have mechanical families linked Revit can not read thru the link for the equipment designation. Here you will have to make a custom connection family of your own with a family parameter for load classification, voltage etc. or you can use the disconnect for the piece of equipment to represent the equipment. Hope this helps. BTW, tags are not read by the panel schedule.