Thread: Can't see roof slab in plan view

Login to Give a bone

Default Can't see roof slab in plan view

I've got a building model that won't show the roof slab when you change the visual style while looking at the plan view. Everything seems fine in an Iso view, its just the plan view that I'm have the problem with. I've tried to redraw the slab as well as copied the info into a new drawing, neither solution worked. I have possibly determined the cause: The display representation of the roof slab is set to "plan" where other models I've looked at show "model". Problem is that it's grayed out so I can not change it. Maybe this is a solution, maybe not.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can't see roof slab in plan view

Can you attach a sample file that demonstrates the problem you are having? It could be a drawing file with just the roof and the Display Configurations you are using.

Login to Give a bone

the Display (visibility) of the AEC objects like Roof Slabs are not determined by the Visual Styles or redraw/regen. They are affected by:
    -The Cut Plane - Display above Range.
    -Layer
    -Display Configurations
    -Display Properties
    -Component Layer
    Material Definition

Hi David. If the Roof Slabs are toggled off in the Display Configuration would the Roof slab not show in Iso Views as well?

Noto81:
    Check your Cut Plane Setting to ensure your Roof Slab elevation falls withing the Ranges set there.
    In a Plan view your Roof Slab should highlight the "Plan" Display Rep.; likewise "Model" for when in an Iso view.

Since you can't see the Roof Slab in plan, select it in in an Iso-view, right-click on "Edit Roof Slab Style.." On the Display Properties Tab Select the Plan Display Representation even if not bold for that view. (it might have the Style Override toggled. if not, any modifications therein will affect all Roof Slabs of this style.)
    In the Plan Display Properties window there's a list of Display Components. verify the Above Cut Plane components. they may be set invisible. if By Material is checked then trace the setting back on the Materials tab.

If your Roof Slabs are in an xref and Referenced in another disciplines model, say Mechanical, that disciplines Display Configuration may be intentionally set to show other disciplines or Roof Slabs as Gray. You might be fine by toggling your DC in the lower right of your screen to Standard or some predefined Architectural configuration. in any case check the CutPlane afterwards.

Hopefully there's enough clues above to get you back on track.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by freedomonek View Post
    the Display (visibility) of the AEC objects like Roof Slabs are not determined by the Visual Styles or redraw/regen. They are affected by:
    -The Cut Plane - Display above Range.
    -Layer
    -Display Configurations
    -Display Properties
    -Component Layer
    Material Definition

Hi David. If the Roof Slabs are toggled off in the Display Configuration would the Roof slab not show in Iso Views as well?
    That would depend - if the Display Configuration assigns different Display Representation Sets to different view directions, then you could have Roof Slabs turned on in the Display Representation Set assigned to the "Other" view direction while not having any active Display Representations for Roof Slabs in the Display Representation Set assigned to the Top (which would be used for a plan) view direction.

Login to Give a bone

I see your point. Thanks for the clarification.

Login to Give a bone

Unfortunately, I no longer have the file. I ended up copy/pasting the existing model into a drawing that I knew worked, deleting what was in file that I did not want, and saving over the file. I'm chalking it up too a corrupt file. The file had been emailed back and forth with a vender a few times so something must have gotten messed up within the file.

Login to Give a bone

Good work-around.