Thread: Xref Draw Order

Login to Give a bone

Default Xref Draw Order

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a way to set a specific Xref to always come in at the bottom (in regards to draw order)? The specific example is an aerial photo. We have a number that we use on every single project (which one we use depends on where the project is of course, but some projects we use all of them). In any case I'd like a way that would default these dwg files to always end up on the bottom when referenced in. Is there a way to do that already or should I just make a lisp that uses draw order immediately after referencing in the drawing?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Xref Draw Order

Maybe if you inserted the xrefs in the order you wanted them to appear: first insert=bottom with each successive being above the previous.
    If that is not feasible due to order of receiving the files, then use the Layer Draw Order lisp from Lee Mac http://www.lee-mac.com/layerdraworder.html and assign each xref a specific layer that display order can be controlled using the lisp.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

You could setup the Xref in your template file and set the draw order there. When starting a new drawing using that template you'll only need to update the file path.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by david-k View Post
    Maybe if you inserted the xrefs in the order you wanted them to appear: first insert=bottom with each successive being above the previous.
    If that is not feasible due to order of receiving the files, then use the Layer Draw Order lisp from Lee Mac http://www.lee-mac.com/layerdraworder.html and assign each xref a specific layer that display order can be controlled using the lisp.
    I think this is probably the best option. Our template has other references already inserted but due to the large size of the aerial photos, we keep them separate to keep the template as clean as possible, as having them in the template would require having all of them present and then detaching the ones not needed upon the start of each new project. Thank you everyone for the help.