Thread: Attribute Definition Value List

Wish List Administration

Default Attribute Definition Value List

Summary: Add to an attribute definitions the ability to choose a list for user to pick from.

Description: I have used Dynamic Blocks and Regular Blocks. I'm interested in allowing the attributes definitions that might be used in these blocks to link to a drop down list of choices. I see the need to have a list of specific choices that is easy and simple to use. I suggest a definition name that is in the attribute definition that might be defined in the drawing and contains a list of choices. When user inserts or edits the block definition containing this attribute block it offers the choices in the list.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Blocks

Submitted By: Jim Lambertz on 07/14/2014

I could stop if I wanted to

Default Re: Attribute Definition Value List

So, kind of like a lookup table with a visibility state assigned just to the attributes? I can see that...

Though the function of an attribute is to be editable generally, and I doubt you'd get both a list and the ability to edit individual attributes.

Default Re: Attribute Definition Value List

I was thinking more like a separate list (new type of object) that the attribute links to. This would not require the list to be part of every block it is used with and the same list could be linked and used for different attributes if desired. If the list didn't exist normal entry would exist. My use case is that values extracted from attributes would have same spelling and be more consistent. Example is how many different ways people have of indicating the color black blk bk blck To me this is a big opportunity for users to build a very simple block with an attribute that contains more consistent and reliable data. One doesn't have to try do something with a complicated dynamic block.