Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Text 'Find' command enhancements

  1. #1
    Wish List Administration
    Join Date
    2011-08
    Posts
    4,589
    0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

    Default Re: Text 'Find' command enhancements

    Summary: I would like to see the 'Find' command enhanced

    Description: The Find command is a very powerful tool, but could be greatly enhanced with the following additions:
    1. The ability to keep the results and edit in the drawing without having to close CUI (which is standard for excel/word etc);
    2. The ability to search multiple DWG files outside the file that is open, not just xrefs;
    3. Numbering of results.


    Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Text

    Submitted By: Andrew Fisher on 11/08/2013


  2. #2
    Programming Moderator BlackBox's Avatar
    Join Date
    2009-11
    Posts
    3,746
    0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

    Default Re: Text 'Find' command enhancements

    1+

    I've been using Lee's Batch Find & Replace Text routine since I was only a padawan learner.
    "Potential has a shelf life." - Margaret Atwood
    AutoCAD® 2014, and Civil 3D® 2014 Certified Professional | Autodesk® Authorized Developer
    Autodesk Exchange Apps ~ Autoloader ~ AutoCAD Security

  3. #3
    Certifiable AUGI Addict cadtag's Avatar
    Join Date
    2000-12
    Location
    Cairo - no, not Illinois
    Posts
    3,581
    0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

    Default Re: Text 'Find' command enhancements

    add the ability to find text strings within vertical product annotation, and it's a winner

    PS -- fix the borked wildcard S&R!!!! yes, it works 'as designed'. but the design is borked
    Real pirates wear silk suits & ties, and write EULAs
    The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government, is big business.

    Toward a Sustainable Water Future: Visions for 2050 http://ascelibrary.org/doi/book/10.1061/9780784412077

  4. #4
    Certifiable AUGI Addict tedg's Avatar
    Join Date
    2005-06
    Location
    in the upper right corner
    Posts
    2,612
    0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

    Default Re: Text 'Find' command enhancements

    Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    PS -- fix the borked wildcard S&R!!!! yes, it works 'as designed'. but the design is borked
    +1!!!!!

    (amen to that)
    Ted
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    AutoCAD 2013 - REVIT Structure 2013 & 2014 - MicroStation V8i - Windows 7 Professional - (dabble with Inventor Professional 2013)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    2006-07
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    21
    0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

    Default Re: Text 'Find' command enhancements

    If I'm searching for particular text, the FIND command should be able to tell me (WITHOUT checking the List Results option):

    - Where it found the text, i.e. Model Space, Layout, Block, etc.
    - Zoom should work while the FIND dialog box is open so I can get a better idea where I am in a large drawing.
    - Repeated FIND attempts should preserve the last used setting, i.e. look in Entire Drawing, Current Space/Layout or Selected Objects.

    FIND was a very helpful with a current project and actually saved me from having to plot multiple paper copies to double-check my take-off and detailing of a number of components.

  6. #6
    Certified AUGI Addict jaberwok's Avatar
    Join Date
    2000-12
    Location
    0,0,0 The Origin
    Posts
    8,368
    0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

    Default Re: Text 'Find' command enhancements

    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.tulis View Post
    If I'm searching for particular text, the FIND command should be able to tell me (WITHOUT checking the List Results option):

    - Where it found the text, i.e. Model Space, Layout, Block, etc.
    - Zoom should work while the FIND dialog box is open so I can get a better idea where I am in a large drawing.
    - Repeated FIND attempts should preserve the last used setting, i.e. look in Entire Drawing, Current Space/Layout or Selected Objects.

    FIND was a very helpful with a current project and actually saved me from having to plot multiple paper copies to double-check my take-off and detailing of a number of components.
    I fully support one wish but, to put it better, the FIND dialogue should be dismissable.
    John B

    "You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan

  7. #7
    Programming Moderator BlackBox's Avatar
    Join Date
    2009-11
    Posts
    3,746
    0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

    Default Re: Text 'Find' command enhancements

    Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post
    I fully support one wish but, to put it better, the FIND dialogue should be [modeless instead of modal].
    FTFY
    "Potential has a shelf life." - Margaret Atwood
    AutoCAD® 2014, and Civil 3D® 2014 Certified Professional | Autodesk® Authorized Developer
    Autodesk Exchange Apps ~ Autoloader ~ AutoCAD Security

  8. #8
    Certified AUGI Addict jaberwok's Avatar
    Join Date
    2000-12
    Location
    0,0,0 The Origin
    Posts
    8,368
    0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

    Default Re: Text 'Find' command enhancements

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    FTFY
    Ta !
    John B

    "You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •