Thread: Has anyone ever seen this dialog box before?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Has anyone ever seen this dialog box before?

Has anyone ever seen this dialog box before? It seems to pop up on just one machine here, intermittently, in Revit Structure 2013. It's been doing it for a couple weeks, with lots of reboots along the way. It does it sometimes when Synching with Central, sometimes when an element is selected. It can't be stretched any larger, and all it has in it is a drop-down list of all the files linked into the project. I wonder if it's some perverse mutant form of the Properties window. Oddly enough, it seems to be largely benign, unless you try to close it while the Synching with Central is actively going on. I suppose it means that I really should re-install Revit on the machine where this occurs, but if anyone knows of some setting or software conflict or something that affects this, I'd love to hear. Especially if it gets me out of having to reinstall the software.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sven.129574; 2013-11-12 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Broken Attachment

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Has anyone ever seen this dialog box before?

No, that's a first for me.

All AUGI, all the time CADastrophe's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

>Here< is a link to a thread over at the Autodesk forums that is about this matter. Take a gander and see if any useful info can be gleaned from there...

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

According to that thread, Revit 2013 is not supported on Windows 8. Don't know if that's what you're running?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CADastrophe View Post
    >Here< is a link to a thread over at the Autodesk forums that is about this matter. Take a gander and see if any useful info can be gleaned from there...
    I've been having this window too but per someone's suggestion in that link, when I disabled HydraGrid and Desktop Manager in the Catalyst Pro Control Center, the dialog box doesn't show up anymore. Not sure why it's only recently become a issue on my machine (haven't been able to replicate it on other machines in our office), but it appears to be related to the graphics driver.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I can't open the link CADastrophe provided, so forgive me if this is covered there. Is your video a FirePro / FireGL, or does it support dialog positioning? If so, try turning that off. We have occasionally seen this dialog as well as a tiny dialog that is centered on the display, and turning off dialog positioning seems to get rid of it for us.

Login to Give a bone

I get it all the time. Deeply annoying. This is in Windows 7 on a M6700. Have tried everything with the drivers.

Login to Give a bone

I Used to get it all the time. It's a video card driver issue. At least that what we changed and it corrected the problem. We used to be using the firepro 4900's and when we went to the most current driver, if caused the error. When we went to a much older driver, the problem went away.
    The only other thing we changed was getting away from using a Window Aero Theme. This causes problems with revit as well.
    Let me know if you want me to go back and look to see what driver we were using that corrected the problem.
    Hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

Just had the same problem after installing a new video card (FirePro), and that has worked so far. The setting in the current AMD FirePro Control Center is in the Desktop Manager section under the HydraVision tab. The option itself is called "Enable Dialog Repositioning" and deselecting it solved the issue.