Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shift+ctrl+c and shift+ctrl+v not working

Login to Give a bone

Default shift+ctrl+c and shift+ctrl+v not working

Hello,
    I am at my wits end over this small thing. I have AutoCAD 2012 installed on 5 computers. On one of those computers I cannot use the keyboard shortcuts for copybase and pasteblock (ctrl+shift+c or v). There are no third party add on routines interfering, I have scoured the CUI for problems and everything shows that the shortcuts are loaded and available. I can use the pull down menu (edit) and choose those commands from there and they work just fine. I can type those commands at the command line and they also work. On all the computers we can cancel a command by using either escape or ctrl-c and on four of the computers the keyboard shortcuts work but not on the fifth one. Other keyboard shortcuts using the shift and ctrl keys work but some do not. I also tried changing the shortcut key combo to something else and that did not work either. It doesn't matter if I have a drawing open or am working in a new/blank drawing, the commands will not start from those shortcuts. I tried some shortcuts in Windows and they work fine.

Ugh! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Tony

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: shift+ctrl+c and shift+ctrl+v not working

FWIW -

Not sure how you're setup, but I've always been able to use Ctrl+C for copy, and Ctrl+V for paste, without issue.

If you're accustom to using Ctrl+Shift+*, then it sounds like you're made some customization to your Profile; what happens when you test this on the Default, untouched, OOTB Profile (you backed it up, before making changes, right)?

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your help BlackBox. Yes, I can also use the ctrl+c and v for standard copy and paste. My issue is with the copy with base point and paste as block commands. As far as I know the ctrl+shift+* is part of the OOTB set up. I didn't customize my cui with those shortcuts, they simply show up on every setup.

Thanks,

Tony

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    If you're accustom to using Ctrl+Shift+*, then it sounds like you're made some customization to your Profile;
    Have to admit, I've never used these shortcut keys with the SHIFT modifier, but I just tried in a stock 2013, and they work for CopyBase and PasteBlock.
    A quick peek in the CUI and here they are....
    cui88.png
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tony.30224 View Post
    Ugh! Any ideas?
    * Make sure the CUI on the one "bad" machine is identical to the ones on the "good" machines.
    * Log into the "bad" machine as a new user (so a new Windows profile will be created) - and see if the same problem happens for the new user in AutoCAD.
    * Swap out the keyboard

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    * Make sure the CUI on the one "bad" machine is identical to the ones on the "good" machines.
    * Log into the "bad" machine as a new user (so a new Windows profile will be created) - and see if the same problem happens for the new user in AutoCAD.
    * Swap out the keyboard
    my emphasis.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks, I have made sure the CUI on the machine is the same as the others that work. I have not tried logging into Windows as a new user though. Not sure about the keyboard swap as the shift and control keys do work for other commands.

Thanks for the help, I'll try these things.

--Tony

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tony.30224 View Post
    Thanks, I have made sure the CUI on the machine is the same as the others that work. I have not tried logging into Windows as a new user though. Not sure about the keyboard swap as the shift and control keys do work for other commands.
    Just trying to cover all bases.
    If you try a new keyboard and the problem still exists, then you know the old keyboard isn't the problem.

Login to Give a bone

Good logic, I'll give it a swap.

Login to Give a bone

Okay, I swapped out the keyboard to one that I know works and that did not solve my issue. I created a new Windows user account, logged in and ran AutoCAD. The ctrl-shift-* shortcuts worked in that instance of AutoCAD. So what does that mean? I have a setting in the Windows environment that is preventing the ctrl-shift-* shortcut from working inside of AutoCAD? Seems so, not sure where to look for that setting but I am off to try and find it.

Thanks,

t

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast