Thread: Add text, annotation, & marks to Design options and/or Phases

Wish List Administration

Default Add text, annotation, & marks to Design options and/or Phases

Summary: Instead of just being able to add modeled items to design options and phases, we should be able to put text, the tags, and any symbols or anything like that to be linked with the proper design option or phase.

Description: Instead of just being able to add modeled items to design options and phases, we should be able to put text, the tags, and any symbols or anything like that to be linked with the proper design option or phase.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Annotation Tools

Submitted By: Daniel Bartelson on 11/15/2013

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

Exclamation Re: Add text, annotation, & marks to Design options and/or Phases

We ABSOLUTELY need this function. I am living the nightmare of an California OSHPD hospital project ($460M, 800mb base model plus structural, medical equipt models) where change approvals take a very long time between construction management bureaucracy and reviews in Sacramento. We have to make (ACD/Change order) changes to the documents that must be hidden to main model until they are approved, which often takes months. With Design Options in model form only, I am forced to run a parallel set of views and a parallel set of sheets to house the annotations for the DO's. This puts me in a double bind.

1)My DO sheet is now a snapshot (of annotations) in time and does not get the newest updates from other approved work, so it becomes out of date for everything except the work I do for the change order. My multi-round change order approval could be 6 months out of date.
    2)After my change order is approved I can accept the DO, but now I have to transfer my graphics manually over to the main sheet. Big likelihood of mistakes. Also, disasters with sections or callouts done in DO mode now referring to the wrong sheet or disappearing.

PLEASE DO THIS ONE!!!