Thread: Better capacity for detailing individual items

Wish List Administration

Default Better capacity for detailing individual items

Summary: I want to be able to detail each family (custom build casework, metalwork etc.) I create in a more detailed way than using legends in the main drawing (including sections and 3D views) but not have to open a different project and add all of the same families just to be able to view individually on separate sheets.

Description: I work in the exhibitions and events industry on large scale projects. Revit is great for keeping track of a GA of the event while constantly updating and detailing the individual custom built items that are required as they are developed.

I read that by using a legend, I can show left/right back/front and plan views which can be dimensioned. Great workaround because I can keep all of the sheets in one project, but the legend doesn't have the ability to do sectional or 3D views. Of course I can add annotation details but Revit already does all of the things I want in the main project views. I want to be able to detail individual families better without having to layout out each family in a new project, create 4 elevations, sections and 3D views, copy the views, crop them again for each item. One project per family is too cumbersome and all of the families to be detailed in a second project is too fiddly and repetitive. Also, the legend workaround means that sometimes there is an unwanted section through them on plan (I haven't yet found how to alter the cut height in the legend), I can't dimension slopes and sloping facing properly with adding a detail line, and the lining-up and numbering features of legend views doesn't work.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Annotation Tools

Submitted By: Jenny Smith on 11/20/2013

All AUGI, all the time

Default Re: Better capacity for detailing individual items

Why not just use regular elevations and sections?