Thread: 'end with riser' Stair option turns itself off by default and you can't get it back...argggghhhhh

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down 'end with riser' Stair option turns itself off by default and you can't get it back...argggghhhhh

Hi guys,
    This issue existed for me on 2013 version as well and when I spoke about this problem with Autodesk it was suggested that my template was stuffed and should be done from scratch. No problems they were probably right.
    Well guess my surprise when doing it from scratch didn't fix the bloody problem?

Except this time I know what happened and it is a replicable problem.

Can you fine gentle souls that frequent this forum try these steps below and let me know if it stuffs up on your end as well.

1. Create default Timber stairs. Select the stairs till you can see 'end with riser' in instance properties (you may have to TAB few times). It is set to on by default.

2. create precast stair. check instance properties of stairs and see that riser is turned off by default. brilliant, the way it should be.

3. now try and create timber stairs again and you'll see when done that 'end with riser' is turned off by default. and there is NOTHING you can do to bring it back. And this is for all stair types. WTF. Am I the only one who bloody tries to use concrete precast stairs?

I have wasted weeks on template recreation only to be presented with same bloody problem. No wonder my company is switching to stupid ArchiCAD since stuff like this happens all the time. Every time I try to convince them we should stay with Revit some new annoying bug creeps up and Factory does absolutely nothing, for 2 years with this particular problem..... sigh (apologies for the rant)

Regards,
    Milos

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 'end with riser' Stair option turns itself off by default and you can't get it back...argggghhhhh

Just FYI guys.
    Factory just confirmed its a bug. Bring on Revit 2015!