Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my rendering produces ENORMOUS SIZE BRICK on the exterior walls (!???)

Login to Give a bone

Default my rendering produces ENORMOUS SIZE BRICK on the exterior walls (!???)

I am working through the Dan Stine's tutorial textbook entitled ARCHITECTURAL COMMERCIAL DESIGN USING AUTODESK REVIT 2014.

Early in the book, here is what the camera view of the lobby looked like... with its normal size exterior brick wall (please see first attached JPG).

Later in the book, here is what the camera view of the lobby looked like... OMG, what the hell happened to my normal exterior brick wall!!! (please see second attached JPG).

I have analyzed the BRICK TYPE EDITOR, the MATERIAL BROWSER, and the ASSET BROWSER all day with NO CLUE as to why this bizarre exterior brick wall development is happening in my CLOUD renderings!

Anyone out there who can help me, or put me out of my misery???

THANK YOU SO MUCH...

-Robert

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: my rendering produces ENORMOUS SIZE BRICK on the exterior walls (!???)

In the Material Browser, click on the Appearance tab and then on the brick image. In the Texture Editor, make sure the scale matches the attached picture – it’s a default setting.
    Change the Visual Style to realistic to check the appearance before you render.

It could be also, some sort of a glitch in the cloud rendering.

brick.JPG

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: my rendering produces ENORMOUS SIZE BRICK on the exterior walls (!???)

Quote Originally Posted by PijPiwo View Post
    In the Material Browser, click on the Appearance tab and then on the brick image. In the Texture Editor, make sure the scale matches the attached picture – it’s a default setting.
    Change the Visual Style to realistic to check the appearance before you render.

It could be also, some sort of a glitch in the cloud rendering.

brick.JPG
    Thanks, but after doing what you have posted here -- my bricks STILL come out gigantic.
    Please see my VISUAL STYLE REALISTIC image attached, where the bricks look fine.
    And please see my rendering results after checking the brick size in "realistic" visual style...
    Sadly, the bricks STILL came out gigantic.

In complete frustration at that point, I first REPAIRED my Revit software and tried again -- yet the bricks after rendering the image in the CLOUD still came out gigantic.
    Then, at my wits end, I reinstalled the Revit software completely and then tried again -- yet ONCE AGAIN the gigantic bricks after rendering in the CLOUD still appeared (see 2nd jpg here)!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rtbrodie108 View Post
    Thanks, but after doing what you have posted here -- my bricks STILL come out gigantic.
    Please see my VISUAL STYLE REALISTIC image attached, where the bricks look fine.
    And please see my rendering results after checking the brick size in "realistic" visual style...
    Sadly, the bricks STILL came out gigantic.

In complete frustration at that point, I first REPAIRED my Revit software and tried again -- yet the bricks after rendering the image in the CLOUD still came out gigantic.
    Then, at my wits end, I reinstalled the Revit software completely and then tried again -- yet ONCE AGAIN the gigantic bricks after rendering in the CLOUD still appeared (see 2nd jpg here)!
    WHAT MAKES ALL THESE CURRENT RENDERING ATTEMPTS EXTREMELY TROUBLING IS: In the first portion of the Dan Stine Tutorial (e.g. Chapter 5), my bricks rendered perfectly FINE (please see renderings attached from Chapter 5). Yet now that my model has been further developed in Chapter 11, my bricks refuse to render in normal fashion. [Note: these Chapter 5 renderings were ALSO run in the CLOUD, so I know the problem is NOT with the Autodesk 360 cloud rendering - but is instead residing somewhere within my developed model in Chapter 11. I have worked with the Material Browser until blue in the face, to no avail.

What to do, what to do!

Anyone else out there run into this same issue with REVIT v2014 ???

Thanks for any other ideas...

Login to Give a bone

Can you upload this project, or at least the wall in question?

Login to Give a bone

Can you upload this project, or at least the wall in question?
    I certainly can and would greatly appreciate your looking at it... but a QUESTION PLEASE:

I am teaching this tutorial at a local college and thus have an Autodesk STUDENT VERSION of the software --- does that screw you up, in other words putting a student stamp on your system??????

[I have a full version of AutoCAD and have always refused to accept engineering copies of STUDENT software due to it messing up my own professional copy of the project -- thus, am assuming that my student version of this project might mess you up at your location???]

In the meantime, awaiting your answer before i would send file to you, here is a CLOUD image of BRICK with most of the buildings walls removed...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

brick1.jpg
    brick2.jpg

Double click on the image file in the material browser under appearance, it will have the scale of the image there, see attached.

Pro tip on troubleshooting: Start a new project with a stock template, brick wall, render. Same problem?

Yes, your sheets will have a 'student version' stamp on them
    Last edited by Revitaoist; 2013-11-30 at 10:45 PM.

Login to Give a bone

I don’t think project saved by the student version can screw up my system, I’ve never heard about it before (it doesn’t mean it can’t happen though). Installing student version software …maybe, …I don’t know. Opening your file should be ok. However, if someone has any info and can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.

In the meantime, make sure that you’re changing the scale of the texture of the material that is actually assigned to your wall. I would access material browser through wall type properties vs. manage->materials.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Revitaoist View Post
    brick1.jpg
    brick2.jpg

Double click on the image file in the material browser under appearance, it will have the scale of the image there, see attached.

Pro tip on troubleshooting: Start a new project with a stock template, brick wall, render. Same problem?

Yes, your sheets will have a 'student version' stamp on them

Thanks... i started a new project with stock template ---- and then from original GIGANTIC BRICK file, did a MODIFY > CLIPBOARD > COPY ----- and then pasted it into the new project file.
    VOILA, my brick looks fine!

SO I GUESS MY ORIGINAL LARGE BRICK FILE is CORRUPT????? [please see attached MATERIAL BROWSER JPG from my original gigantic brick file]

Pls see the renderings from the new stock file...

Login to Give a bone

I don’t think project saved by the student version can screw up my system, I’ve never heard about it before (it doesn’t mean it can’t happen though). Installing student version software …maybe, …I don’t know. Opening your file should be ok. However, if someone has any info and can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.

In the meantime, make sure that you’re changing the scale of the texture of the material that is actually assigned to your wall. I would access material browser through wall type properties vs. manage->materials.
    I guess my STUDENT file would not affect your PROFESSIONAL VERSION OF REVIT SOFTWARE, but my file would JUST KEEP AFFECTING THE FILE I WOULD SEND TO YOU if for example you decided you liked it so much (lol) that you wanted to make a real project out of it thus keeping it on your system to PRINT CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS, ETC. Please correct me, anyone, if my thinking is wrong on this.

NONETHELESS, even with my deleting walls, various families, plans, etc... my original gigantic brick file size wouldn't go below 12 Mb -- and even winzipping the file didn't reduce it in size either! Thus, I wouldn't be able to upload it here due to the 10Mb limit per post. Anyway, it seems from my post to "Revitaoist" below that my original file seems to be corrupt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast