I have recently implemented a revit server for our users on the DMZ network. ( 10.10.10.21 to be exact )
The system in the DMZ already has a FTP server role and is accessable from the internet.
Next to that the FTP server has 2 NICs one with : 10.10.10.21 as stated above and one with an internal IP 192.168.1.x

I have distributed the RSN.ini file over some of the test machines, installed all the required roles and services, and i can access the RevitServerAdmin2014 web module from every client in the LAN. The thing is when i try to connect to the server through the Revit Architecture 2014 software from 192.168.1.x it says it cannot be found.

At the moment the revit server runs in the DMZ and has as stated above 2 interfaces. The one with the internal interface is the one the clients will connect to internally and externally by VPN.

I also made a share to try out of the test users from my LAN could do some simple file transfering as in \\<computername>\ it worked, not sure if this helped but it might exclude troubleshooting options.

This is in the future for now im hoping to get this solved.

DNS runs in our LAN so does DHCP.

Maybe this is a DNS problem or something with the firewall i do not know

Appreciate the help ALOT!