Thread: Revit 2014 and Oce Colorwave 300

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit 2014 and Oce Colorwave 300

We recently acquired an Oce Colorwave 300 combo inkjet plotter/scanner to compliment our TDS600 B&W laser plotter. Since we got it set up, it's been nothing but problems for us. From machine errors to printing problems. It's actually already been replaced once since we first got it less than 2 months ago.

Most recently the CW300 has started printing sheets from Revit incorrectly, most notably cutting the sheet about an inch short, or 36" x 23" or so (top of sheet is cut off). I printed a Revit sheet to PDF, then printed the PDF, and it came out fine. But from Revit directly it was always cutting the sheet short.

Working with the local support company's tech guy, we found a setting in the Oce WPD for Cut Size > Cutting Method, with settings like Synchro, Standard, or Custom. It was set to Synchro, so we changed it to Standard, and voila! Correct sheet cut size.

But then I checked the driver default settings for the TDS600 (which we have had nearly 9 years now), and it's set to Synchro, and it always prints sheets correctly.

It seems like there's some kind of issue between Revit and the Oce WPD being used by the Colorwave, since printing from other programs like Adobe has not been a problem, and the same WPD for the TDS600 has also not been a problem even in Revit. It's been sort of baffling to even the Oce tech engineers. Has anyone else run into such issues or had lots of problems with Colorwave plotters in particular?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2014 and Oce Colorwave 300

wish I could help. I'm in the market for a new plotter, and was advised to get an OCE by a print shop. good to know that its flukey with Revit.