Thread: Total mass of itemized parts list

Wish List Administration

Default Total mass of itemized parts list

Summary: I would like to have the option in a parts list that totals the mass of all the parts list item at the bottom.

Description: Our parts list consists of an item number, quantity, description, weight (item weight x quantity) and finally a part number.
    I would like to have, inside of the parts list, an option to be able to display a total weight of all items at the bottom of the parts list.
    Our current work around is to place some formatted text using the physical properties-model and it's mass to total this, right below our parts list.
    While this method works, more often than not when opening a drawing file to do a simple edit, this property usually displays as N/A, and one has to open sub assemblies and do a few various tricks to get it to update.
    I do have "update physical properties on save" under application options toggled on.

I am aware of this one option by Autodesk, and that is what we use now to get the mass of the items and quantity..per item...but it will not total, neatly, how we want our parts list to appear.
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14078636&linkID=9242018

Product and Feature: Inventor - Drawing Manager

Submitted By: Jeff Steiger on 12/11/2013

Default Re: Total mass of itemized parts list

I would like to see this expanded a little further. While the overall total at the bottom of the parts list is good I would like to see the mass of an item equal the quantity times the mass. Currently the mass shown in the parts list is for one item. If I have 5 then I have to do the math. If the parts list could be revised to multiply the quantity and the mass and then give the overall total at the bottom I think that would be ideal.

Thanks.

Default Re: Total mass of itemized parts list

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy.long View Post
    I would like to see this expanded a little further. While the overall total at the bottom of the parts list is good I would like to see the mass of an item equal the quantity times the mass. Currently the mass shown in the parts list is for one item. If I have 5 then I have to do the math. If the parts list could be revised to multiply the quantity and the mass and then give the overall total at the bottom I think that would be ideal.

Thanks.
    That option is already available. There is a setting under edit parts list summarize the mass of multiple quantities.