See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revit on the cloud?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit on the cloud?

I too would be interested in how other people have handled working on Revit projects between multiple offices. Seems like there is no good solution out there currently.

Login to Give a bone

We are trying to find solutions for using Revit to work with Collaborating partners. This is 1 largish healthcare project for a design to move in date of 3 years. We either run into the issue with our IT (or our partners IT) not wanting to allow a agent on their file server, open up their firewall , or share in the "costly" hardware solutions that we may never need again.
    I have reviewed the following products: aconex, Panzura, globalscape, projectwise, and PEER. Each boast greatly but fails to get through the IT stream; or is overkill just to do Revit Colaboration. Seems like someone would have made a Revit server hosting site on amazon cloud or skydrive.

What am I missing?

All AUGI, all the time kyle.bernhardt's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Since you all are discussing the topic, I thought you might want to check our Project Skyscraper, which is designed to address these exact issues. This cloud service allows multiple firms to collaborate on the same central model(s) without any IT investment, while also allowing the entire project team to view, search, and socially interact with the project models in their web browser or mobile devices without having Revit installed on their machines. We have a running beta if you want to check it out, send me a PM. Full disclosure, it is not for active production work, so it won't solve your current project challenge. You'll need to wait until we launch.

Cheers,
    Kyle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12