Thread: Fast Key or LISP for setting view into a previously created "named view"

Login to Give a bone

Default Fast Key or LISP for setting view into a previously created "named view"

Is it a common problem for the view of a drawing in Civil 3D to be thrown out of whack? By this I mean when opening a drawing or after switching from a plot tab to model space the view is no longer from above as if looking down on a sheet but sideways as if looking at it from eye level with the table it sits on.

I wrote a fast key to correct the view problem and it is this:

Code:
    (defun C:gg () (setvar "CMDECHO" 0)(command ".plan" "c")(prin1))
    This fixes the problem by putting it back into a view from current UCS but I was wondering if I could go one step further and throw it into a view that I have already set up for plotting. So essentially, what I would like to happen is I enter the "gg" command and all that would be viewed on the screen is the sheet with borders (our borders are in model space), or the extents of what is plotted on a sheet.

Does this involve any LISP programming? I have no background knowledge of how to write LISP but I could probably pick up what's necessary to do the job. Please, any help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2013-12-19 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Please use [CODE] Tags

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fast Key or LISP for setting view into a previously created "named view"

Code:
    (DEFUN c:gv () (command "-view"  "r" "plotting_view")(princ))
    untested
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2013-12-19 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Please use [CODE] Tags

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fast Key or LISP for setting view into a previously created "named view"

Naturally, you would need to change the "plotting_view" name in cadtag's code to your typical view name.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Thread moved to LISP forum.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

This looks great! I won't be able to test it until I'm at work tomorrow but I will respond with my success story hopefully. Thank you very much everyone

Login to Give a bone

Works like a charm! thank you, cadtag