Thread: Tag Problems Autocad Mep 2012

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Tag Problems Autocad Mep 2012

In some computers in my office with the same version of autocad MEP 2012 display the code for a Tag but not the result, any idea?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tag Problems Autocad Mep 2012

I do not use AMEP, but until someone who does who can shed some AMEP-specific light on your issue, I can offer that in ACA, when a tag displays the entire formula for a formula property, rather than just the expected result of the formula, it means that there is an error condition somewhere that is not allowing the formula to evaluate properly.

ACA/AMEP displays the entire formula, with values substituted in for the variables in the formula, as the value for the property as something of a diagnostic aid. That said, from what your image shows, I do not understand why the explicit concatenation of "L1E" & "-" & "2" would not result in "L1E-2". Apparently there is some error in deriving one of those values, but without looking at the file (and understanding more about AMEP properties, no doubt) it is not possible to say what that error is.

It may be helpful to a potential AMEP user looking to offer help if you could post a sample file in which your error occurs.

Login to Give a bone

Without a specific file I cannot specifically answer the question but the code gets displayed because the formula doesn't work for the selected object. This happens when certain values for property sets are not filled in properly or the formula finds a value in the property set that it did not expect.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by keith364628 View Post
    Without a specific file I cannot specifically answer the question but the code gets displayed because the formula doesn't work for the selected object. This happens when certain values for property sets are not filled in properly or the formula finds a value in the property set that it did not expect.
    Hi,

I replied to the forum
    http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCA...s/td-p/4398559