Thread: Plumbing Fitting Scales - I'm begging here - Can I get an answer/workaround/something

Login to Give a bone

Default Plumbing Fitting Scales - I'm begging here - Can I get an answer/workaround/something

From what I can tell this question has been asked many times and there has never been an answer given. I'm using 2014 and it seems this issue still has not been resolved by Autodesk. The other day we were having a conversation in the office about plumbing fittings and how they don't scale based on annotation scale of the viewport. My boss was irritated to no end to find out that this software that he pays so much for can scale everything else but can't scale plumbing fittings correctly (even Softdesk 8 could do that, etc.) i.e. - when I have a 1/8 scale drawing, my connectors (or tick marks as we call them), drops, etc. look fine. But when we change to any other scale it's a noticeable difference in the size of the fitting. i.e. - a 1/4" scaled drawing shows the same ticks too big and a 1/16" drawing shows them too small. So basically the only work around I've ever found is to turn the connectors off and draw them by hand. As you can imagine - that can be a long process. We have a few new people in the office who didn't know this and Bam! - the issue arose again when the boss saw ticks that were 4 times the size they should be. So the question is - there has to be a better way. If anyone knows - please, please, please respond. We are wasting so much of our time manually drawing tick marks the size they should be.

Thank you

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plumbing Fitting Scales - I'm begging here - Can I get an answer/workaround/something

Well - I see 87 people viewed this and no one responded so I'm left to think that you simply can't do it. But the question still remains - how are other people getting around this? Or do people just not care how there drawings look as much as we do? Our drawings look like garbage when we have multiple scales until we spend hours fixing them with basically vanilla Autocad commands.