Thread: Spaces

Login to Give a bone

Default Spaces

Hello!

I don't know if what I'm asking is possible. When I create different spaces, i.e., Office or Classroom, etc... and I want to create a schedule with all the square footages, is it possible for Autocad to automatically add all the spaces with the same name instead of breaking them out different because they are different spaces? I have classrooms on the other side of a building and I didn't want to create a void space.
    Hope I didn't confuse you! Thanks for all your help in advance

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Spaces

Quote Originally Posted by Heather_W View Post
    Hello!

I don't know if what I'm asking is possible. When I create different spaces, i.e., Office or Classroom, etc... and I want to create a schedule with all the square footages, is it possible for Autocad to automatically add all the spaces with the same name instead of breaking them out different because they are different spaces? I have classrooms on the other side of a building and I didn't want to create a void space.
    Hope I didn't confuse you! Thanks for all your help in advance
    What version are you using?

In the unlikely event that all Spaces of the same name are the exact same area (and all other data reported in the Schedule Table are identical for all Spaces of the same name), you could add a quantity column and a formula column to calculate the grand total. But assuming that not all of your Offices (etc.) are the same area, adding a quantity column will only combine Spaces with identical data. If you are using ACA 2013 or 2014, you could use the grouping and subtotal feature to get close to what you seek.

To get a schedule with just a single line for each Space name and a total area, you would have to set up Zones, one per Space name, and then assign all of the Spaces of a given name to the related Zone, and then schedule the Zones. One feature of Zones is that they will total the area of all assigned Spaces.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Spaces

thank you so much. I'm using ADT 2010.