Hi All
Can any one help me
I must be missing something, but my AutoCAD models do not import in to 3DSMAX with the materials.
I am an architect I use AutoCAD architecture 2014 to create my models as I need them to be accurate as they are used to generate the final drawings. My clients have asked on occasion to have renders of the buildings to assist in visualising the final product. For years I have used Render command in AutoCAD with no issues, but recently my clients have been asking for walkthroughs and fly arounds. I tried to use AniPath and it worked fine for the exterior fly arounds but was useless for the interior scene lighted walk throughs. I was told that 3DS max was the easiest and best to create these walk throughs. I have bought a copy of 2014 3DS Max.

When I import my DWG files of the model from AutoCAD architecture 2014 the AEC windows and doors do not have glass panels in them and the panels and door frames are one unit. To be able to render the scene I have to change the door to an editable mesh then select each panel and re assign the layer and assign the glass material to each panel. As you can imagine this is very time consuming and my clients do not want to pay for this double handling,
What is the correct procedure for importing the model so that all the materials and textures import correctly so that I simply have to place a camera on the path and render the scene?
I hope some one can help with this
Thanks in advance