Thread: Surface Materials with filters to show as hatch

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Surface Materials with filters to show as hatch

Hi,

I am drawing a floor paving/stone layout for a cathedral (don't ask me why it's in Revit...that's the subject of another debate!) and have drawn the pattern using split faces, in order to show different colours (as different materials) in 3d views. Before I did this, I needed to produce 2d drawings with different hatch patterns for the different stones (as filled regions).

I would now like to consolidate this as the two are not coordinated. It strikes me that I should be able to use filters to show different materials, in a 'hidden line' (rather than shaded) view, as different hatch patterns.

Is this possible?

I'm already pretty frustrated with how un-flexible split faces are (for instance, the fact that it is IMPOSSIBLE to turn them off without hiding the whole floor element or individually 'invisible line-ing' each line), and only used them because this was the only way I could find to have different colours on a floor layout in a 3d (perspective) view. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Surface Materials with filters to show as hatch

...kind of answered my own question - by applying surface patterns to the materials in question I've achieved the desired result, although this results in having to switch off surface patterns in all other views. Hmmm....

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Surface Materials with filters to show as hatch

Did you try just selecting the 2 items in question in the particular view, and "over-ride graphics in view" > "by element"
    now you should be able to set a hatch just for those 2 items, in that view only. (you need to do this one item at a time or they will both have the same hatch pattern)
    You could achieve a similar result over multiple views using a filter rather than overiding graphics in the view (filters are under VG settings and are pretty straight forward but you will need to mess around with it a bit as it can give some odd results until you get the hang of it)