Thread: Assembly Failed - Need Help

Login to Give a bone

Default Assembly Failed - Need Help

Dear All,

My name is hiandy and I am using Inventor Pro 2014.

I am having a problem with assembling parts and the explanation would be as follows:

1.There are 5 part files for the assembly on attachment. What I want is if I change dimensions of Duct Top part, the dimensions of the rest of other parts are changed too.

2.Initially, I want to do it by using feature of Parameters. But, I have to change each dimension of each parts. So, to my opinion, it would be unproductive way.

3.Then, I tried feature of Adaptivity. I was successful in doing it only for part Duct Top and Back Up Top. When I did it with third part U Type Fabric: flush constraint between part U Type Fabric with part Duct Top. I failed. I got an error message said that 'problem with relationship of those parts'

Hope some of you can help me.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Hiandy
    Attached Files Attached Files

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Assembly Failed - Need Help

The absolute easiest way to do something like this is to do multi-body solids within a single part file and then push out the assembly and individual parts (Manage>Make Components).

I didn't understand why you made the pattern of holes the way you did?

You could use Adaptive parts or parameter driven, but I recommend multi-body (which could also be parameter driven) as it is so easy and robust.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Assembly Failed - Need Help

Dear JD Mather,

Thank you for your reply.

Before discussing my topic, I would like to convey my deep apology to you, all AUGI members and moderator of this forum because I accidentally already posted 2 threads with the same topic: 'Assembly Failed - Need Help' and 'Assembly and Adaptivity'. It was purely caused by my carelessness.

Going back to my topic. I would like to thank you for your advice and solution. I still remember you that long time ago you were the one who helped me with the solution of starting point of the hole.

My questions:
    -For Pattern of holes
    Would you kindly let me know the right way to do it?

-For Assembly
    The final goal I want to achieve with my assembly is to be able for me to do the changes on dimensions on 1 part only (for example on 'Duct Flange Top' part). The changes will affect to the dimensions of other parts.

Following video more or less represents my wish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1NNFNqUtzM

To my guess, I can get what I want by doing something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Qt5hs7xpE

Dear JD Mather, would you let me have your confirmation whether I can use methods on second video to reach my goal.

Look forward to receiving your reply.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Hiandy