Thread: Crazy rendering result... I don't understand what the problem is

Login to Give a bone

Default Crazy rendering result... I don't understand what the problem is

Hi All!

My first post here but have been reading for quite a bit. I've encountered a problem I would like your advice on:

The second image is the problem. I have rendered another room in the same project with the same settings and it turns out fine (first image).

Does anyone know what the problem is?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vitaliy0001493317; 2014-01-29 at 09:37 AM.

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Crazy rendering result... I don't understand what the problem is

Welcome to the forums.
    Any chance there's a mirror above that sink? Looks to me like you have light reflecting off the mirror and bouncing all over the room. I'm no rendering expert but the reflections settings might be affecting how all the 'flare' spots are appearing on the wall.
    Try turning off the mirror and see what happens.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri Harvalias View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Any chance there's a mirror above that sink? Looks to me like you have light reflecting off the mirror and bouncing all over the room. I'm no rendering expert but the reflections settings might be affecting how all the 'flare' spots are appearing on the wall.
    Try turning off the mirror and see what happens.
    Thank you for your advice Dimitri. I don't have a mirror but I have glossy tiles. I tried reducing the number of reflections but it made it worse, so then I tried to increase number of indirect illumination bounces from 2 to 3 and the difference was marked. So then I tried increasing it to 4 and there was no further improvement but rendering time was now over 5 minutes up from 1.5 minutes originally.better.jpg

Login to Give a bone

If I had to take a guess, check the settings for the sun. Seems bright and seems to be very direct.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

To me, it looks like the light is at 180 degrees or more. try not to have it so bright and change the type of light source you are using. Before that turn off that light and place a STUDIO LIGHT in the scene. It is a general light just so you can omit light in a space without picking an actual light. I is not hosting to anything and can adjust the height. render with that and see if the scenes lighting on all your materials change. If so, then it def is something with the actual light you chose.

Login to Give a bone

@vitality: Is the quality for the renderings set a high or best? If not then do so for best quality.

Change the background from sky to background colour. Choose a pale blue. If you want to use a background image you can do that too.
    Adjust the highlights to 0 or near 0.
    Adjust the shadows to lowest possible setting.
    Change the sun to winter months late evening/early morning.
    If you don't want to add studio lights then using go ahead with daylight portals, even if it takes a long time.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Add the basic studio light and place it where you want and turn off the sun. Then you can play with the location of the light. The studio light is just light and does not show as a source

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Do you have any reflective metal material in the scene?

Login to Give a bone

Did you set the lighting scheme to "Interior"? (In View>Render)