Thread: "Operation could not be completed" -> "File not saved"

Login to Give a bone

Default "Operation could not be completed" -> "File not saved"

Revit frequently reports an "Operation could not be completed" when trying to synchronize. Clicking "close" on the dialogue box results in "File not saved" dialogue box.

Mostly, the sync works on the 3rd or 5th attempt, but occasionally it does not sync at all.

The problem is erratic and we can't find a pattern - so it seems to be a bug.
    It also seems this is not a new issue since I was able to find other who reported the same problem on previous versions:
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...tion+completed
    http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_we...available.html

In the absence of a hot fix (or a Autodesk "report a bug" website, which is down), does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Andre
    Attached Images Attached Images

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Operation could not be completed" -> "File not saved"

Typically, this error message shows when the Revit Server is too busy, or there is a network disruption between Revit and the Revit Server.

Which version of Revit Server are you using? There is a Revit Server 2013 hotfix: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppor...nd-server.html

Is this happening with everyone on the team, or just certain people?

I am actually troubleshooting this issue myself with one user on RAC2013. No one else on the team is experiencing this.
    Everything was working fine last week, but this week the user is suffering from this error message. I deleted preferences, %temp% folder, ran the hot fix, but still no resolution. I even re-created the central model. We are now moving towards the hardware. In rare cases, our laptop loading dock is the culprit. We will check network cables and/or ports next.

Login to Give a bone

- We're running Revit 2014, Build 20131024_2115(x64), Update Release 2.
    - It's happening to everyone on the team
    - It's happened to me at 7.00pm when I was alone in the file and the network was definitely not busy
    - We've tried to create the problem by 4 people syncing at the same time, but the issue did NOT show up. So we doubt it's traffic/speed related.

Mostly, I'm hoping someone from Autodesk will see this post simply because I believe it's a bug and needs a similar hot fix to the one for RAC 2013.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Yes, if your RAC2014 journals have 100s-1000s lines calling to the Revit Server 2014, it does indeed sound like the reported bug. One notable symptom of the reported issue, is that it takes exceedingly long to open a view. The server is being queried for each individual element in the view, which results in long open times.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

A quick update on our Revit Server scenario. It turns out that this has become a systemic issue. Multiple projects are receiving this error message. I rebooted the host and accelerator last night. It seems rebooting both servers resolved the error message "Operation could not be completed."
    Last edited by meng005; 2014-02-21 at 11:22 PM.