I just stumbled upon a pretty significant bug, confirmed by Autodesk as of this afternoon via Technical Support, that I wanted to warn everybody. I apologize if this is old news to many of you; it's been a known issue since 2010 (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...ed-incorrectly.

The area reported by the Adaptive Component curtain panel area parameter is WRONG; it reports exactly HALF the correct area.

I submitted a support ticket this morning and received a response from Autodesk this afternoon:
"This is an issue that is actively being worked on by our Development group, and at this time, the only alternative solution is to create Area Parameter is = Area*2. The fix requires the code for Revit to be modified, and as such, The development team are working on it to be fixed for Revit 2015."

I have added a calculated value to my schedule to correct the issue as noted in the AUGI forum post linked above and Autodesk's response quoted here. But beware if you every calculate the areas of Adaptive Component curtain panels using the built-in parameter!