Thread: Block won't explode

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Block won't explode

I am having an issue with a block. The block is a partial floor plan (2D), not a family with no arx objects. I need to have a mirror of this block, but all of the text and dimensions within the block read backwards when mirrored. It is not an xref, and it will not explode for modification.
    I am working in AutoCAD Architecture 2009. I have tried copying to a blank drawing and modifying it there, no luck. I have tried editing the block in place, no luck.
    Please help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Block won't explode

I am not 100% sure that the ability to make a block non-explodable was in the 2009 release, but try the following, anyway:

Run the BLOCK command. In the Block Definition dialog, use the Name drop-down list to select the name of the block you are trying to explode. Look for an "Allow exploding" toggle in the dialog (in the 2010 release, this is in the Behavior area at the right side of the dialog). If this toggle is not checked, check it, then click OK. Say yes if prompted to redefine the block. You should now be able to explode the block.

You may also want to consider checking the value of the MIRRTEXT system variable. If it is set to 1, try setting it to 0, which should not mirror the text. This may or may not produce desirable text in the mirrored version, but will at least keep it readable.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Block won't explode

If you open with the block editor it has a spot in the properties pallete to allow exploding.