Thread: Revit server performance benchmarks

I could stop if I wanted to Archman's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Revit server performance benchmarks

Has anyone benchmarked the performance of their Revit server system against their non-server based workshared environment? I am doing it now and I am curious to compare my results against others.

Edit: I should qualify that I am benchmarking a very specific aspect of Revit server. I am testing the time it takes to open a particular file in various situations.

The benchmark is the time it takes to open the file on our LAN. Revit server should approach this standard according to Autodesk's marketing.
    I am also testing:

Time it takes to open same file over WAN in non- server based worksharing environment from each or our regional offices
    Time it takes to open same file on Revit server from same building the host server is located in
    Time it takes to open same file on Revit server from each of the regional offices utilizing their accelerators

I am using a journal script and consistent data set to keep it all objective.
    Last edited by Archman; 2014-03-20 at 05:08 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit server performance benchmarks

I have done similar file open time tests from Revit Server, testing various topologies and connections. However, I have not compared times with opening models from a network drive across the WAN.

If there is a high enough latency between offices, one has a greater risk of corrupting the model or delaying worksharing. Furthermore, opening linked DWG files across the WAN would be even slower.

However, if your regional offices are within a 20ms latency range, I am curious about your results. In other words, I thought the benefit of using Revit Server is to avoid having long wait times for opening and synchronizing models across offices.