See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Adding an empty row in Sheet List index

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Adding an empty row in Sheet List index

I'm using sheet set manager to create a sheet list table index on my titlesheet. What i want to do is add an empty row in between the last sheet of the first discipline & the second discipline subset header. Also my structural engineer provides us with dwf & pdf files. We do not get cad files. I need those to appear on the sheet list but they wont be plotted freom the sheet set. Somebody on the autodesk forum suggested inserting an empty layout & setting that to not plot for the structural sheets & for the blank row just taking out the name & description. Does anyone know of a better way to do this or is this the best solution?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Adding an empty row in Sheet List index

You might instead try using simple MText for your index, and then insert a Field for each component of your Sheet Set; Selecting 'SheetSet' for the Field Category, and Field Names, then in the middle Sheet Set pane, expand your target Sheet Set (if more than one are open), at which point depending on how you've organized your Sheet Set's Subsets & drawings, you'd either select the applicable Subset and Format casing, or the Drawing itself and the appropriate Property to populate your Index.

Then for items not included in your Sheet Set (like the 3rd party PDFs), you simply add a line of text as needed.

HTH
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks, thats an idea. I hope it doesn't come to that only because i was hoping i could do everything through the sheet set manager. It seems like i'm going to have to do a bunch of work arounds to get the result that i'm after. It kind of defeats the purpose of the sheet list table but maybe it just won't work for how we have things set up in my company right now. Maybe i will figure out a better way to do these things as i learn more & more about the sheet set manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    You might instead try using simple MText for your index, and then insert a Field for each component of your Sheet Set; Selecting 'SheetSet' for the Field Category, and Field Names, then in the middle Sheet Set pane, expand your target Sheet Set (if more than one are open), at which point depending on how you've organized your Sheet Set's Subsets & drawings, you'd either select the applicable Subset and Format casing, or the Drawing itself and the appropriate Property to populate your Index.

Then for items not included in your Sheet Set (like the 3rd party PDFs), you simply add a line of text as needed.

HTH

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sovby254640 View Post
    Thanks, thats an idea. I hope it doesn't come to that only because i was hoping i could do everything through the sheet set manager. It seems like i'm going to have to do a bunch of work arounds to get the result that i'm after. It kind of defeats the purpose of the sheet list table but maybe it just won't work for how we have things set up in my company right now. Maybe i will figure out a better way to do these things as i learn more & more about the sheet set manager.
    SSM is great at what little it does, generally speaking, but also has not been updated since before I started using AutoCAD products, AFAIK.

Effective use for desired results just requires a bit of prior planning when setting up elements such as attributed title blocks, SSM Properties, and some production consistency thereafter.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

It looks like this will work pretty good for the most part. The only thing is if i add a sheet i will need to add another field manually. For instance, sometimes i might have an E4.1 sheet after my E4.0 sheet. I suppose i could put the other one on a non plot layer but hopefully there is a better way.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    SSM is great at what little it does, generally speaking, but also has not been updated since before I started using AutoCAD products, AFAIK.

Effective use for desired results just requires a bit of prior planning when setting up elements such as attributed title blocks, SSM Properties, and some production consistency thereafter.

Cheers

Login to Give a bone

Instead of creating one long table for all disciplines, create individual sheet lists for each discipline. Then you can have all the separation between them that you want. For the consultant sheet list, create a table data link to an excel file - even better if the consultant creates and updates the spreadsheet for you.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by reidcharley View Post
    Instead of creating one long table for all disciplines, create individual sheet lists for each discipline. Then you can have all the separation between them that you want. For the consultant sheet list, create a table data link to an excel file - even better if the consultant creates and updates the spreadsheet for you.
    It's easier than you think. Dig into it. look at my list generated from the SSM!
    Now I need to find out how to add a SubSet to an existing table?
    Where's the SSM gurus!
    See my screen shot.
    Thanks,
    MGEE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Assuming the new SubSet is an added subset in the SSM, select a linked sheet list table cell, right click it, then navigate to sheet list table>edit sheet list table settings..., then in the Sheet List Table select the Subsets and Sheets Tab, check mark the new subset, hit okay. Note this will update the table and lose any table modifications(like adding the new row).