Thread: How to hide these circles/lumps from a link

All AUGI, all the time Duncan Lithgow's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default How to hide these circles/lumps from a link

What are these circles/lumps showing up through a link?
    2014-04-02_1443.png

They're still there when I Hide Annotation Categories, Analytical Model, Imported Categories and every Model Category except for Walls

I've tried searching for the answer but don't really know what to search for...

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to hide these circles/lumps from a link

Sounds like you narrowed it down to something in the Walls category. Have you check the various subcategories? Shot-in-the-dark: they look like point objects from and Adaptive Component. Or just a ridiculously heavy line weight for the corners of the walls where they join.

Can you copy those bits into a new project, recreate the problem, and post the file?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

try turning them off in the linked model's analytical settings. they look like structural points if you ask me.
    Is there a CAD background?
    Long shot: Are there vertical pipes in these areas or a family associated with it?

Lastly, hover over and tab-click them until you highlight one. Wait for the micro-popup-window that appears when revit lets you know what something is. It should tell you what category it is under in some vague way. If not, right-click it while it's highlighted and click "hide in view" - "category". I guarantee that will turn them off. Its possible it will turn off the entire linked model, but then at least you've narrowed it down to the issue being in that model. You should be able to go into the object styles of that linked model and change the lineweight setting from there. Assuming you narrow down which object it is.

cheers!

Login to Give a bone

@damon.sidel: This issue is only seen over the link. Copying the objects to my model does not show this issue. I have turned off both subcategories of Walls. There are no adaptive components in this file, the analysis category is turned off (I assume structural points show only in that category).

@rbcameron1: I cannot tab in to it, it doesn't seem to belong to any other category or subcategory than Walls.

I think it's something to do with the way the wall join is being shown. I will try and post an example file tomorrow.
    Last edited by Duncan Lithgow; 2014-04-02 at 06:37 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Found the problem, learnt two important things:

1. When you export/save out a model group the project file it creates does not have all the same settings as the source file (why the hell not, I might ask!)
    2. When you show a Revit link by host the links line weights are used, but object styles are determined in the host file.

In the link Revit had decided that Walls should have a projection line weight of 1, but in the host it is 16. In the host 16 is thin but because it is thick in the link it is that thickness I am seeing in my host. Can anyone tell me why Revit thinks this is a good idea?

Solution: Transfer Project Styles on Object Styles and Line Weights.

Login to Give a bone

If I had to guess someone at adesk watched 2001 a space odyssey way to many times
    "Hal, What are you doing Hal?"
    I find myself saying that many times a day. For a group of programmers, sometimes these guys really miss the ball.